Standard Delivery Service
Normally we will ship your order within 3-5 working days after payment is received. Our carriers will endeavour to give you advance notice of the delivery to your address on the day if requested and whenever practical. The driver will be on site for up to 10 minutes at drop off.
City Residential Area Deliveries
Delivery to the driveway for city residential areas only. This excludes difficult driveways and unfinished sites, rural areas, multilevel apartments/dwellings etc.
Town and Rural Deliveries
In general, large orders are delivered to the nearest city depot for all other deliveries including rural, towns and city rural areas. You will need to pick up your order from our carrier’s nearest city depot. The carrier will notify you once your order is ready for collection.
If you would like your order to be delivered to your property, note that deliveries to some rural areas are subject to rural distance charges. In this case, you will need to contact our customer service staff to organise the delivery and cover delivery costs to your destination.
Please note that deliveries of items weighing over 30Kg require you to have 1 suitable unloading person on site able to carry 30Kg in addition to the driver.
Small orders delivered by courier will have a rural delivery surcharge of $5 applied at the checkout when you enter your address.
Goods Inspection on Delivery
All deliveries require a person present to unpack and inspect the delivery and sign for goods received confirming they are in good condition and free from breakages/damage. It is advisable that you immediately open packages and inspect for signs of damage or defect.
If you accept the delivered goods without a person present you will either:
- Waive your rights to claim for transport damage; or
- Reduce your rights to claim for faults/damage in manufacturing etc.
Please do not sign “undamaged” unless you are delighted with the condition of the items in your order in respect of breakages, damages or defects.
Please note that standard deliveries exclude special delivery services:
- Express deliveries (same day)
- After hours
- Unpacking & assembly
- Box / pallet removal
- Placement within your home
- More than 10 minutes on site
Returns will attract a restocking fee (usually 20% of the item price) if returned or if the item is not in re-saleable condition, (i.e.: no packaging or item was used).
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act sets out certain guarantees goods have to meet. It specifies rights and remedies available to you if our goods fail to meet one or more of these guarantees. Appliance Warehouse, its warranties, and its terms of sale will comply with all requirements of the Consumer Guarantees Act.
“When things go wrong, we’ll do our best to right them no matter who is at fault.”
Appliance Warehouse offers a standard 24-month warranty on most items excluding circumstances and items noted under Warranty Limitations. We will repair, replace or refund the item depending on how serious the fault is. The warranty only covers damage to the item and may not cover consequential losses or costs.
- Spare/replacement parts are often replaced free or very low cost if you’ve damaged/misplaced them and even if the warranty time period has expired.
- When installation of replacement parts is a minor, simple task or does not require a professional service person, we may ask for you to install these yourself.
The standard and extended warranty do not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Misuse of a product and/or use for which it was not designed
- Neglect, deliberate damage, failure to care for or maintain the product in an acceptable manner
- Unauthorised repairs or modifications
- Minor imperfections not affecting performance or decorative value
- Damage caused after removal and reinstallation, for example when moving house
The warranty is for personal or household use only. It excludes commercial/industrial, rental property and item rental use.
Unauthorised Repairs / Repairers
Repairs and repairers must be authorised by Appliance Warehouse Limited otherwise their repair costs may not be covered in full by warranty. The amount covered will be assessed by Appliance Warehouse.
Installation Workmanship and Materials
Installations and workmanship not carried out by personnel authorised by Appliance Warehouse Limited are excluded by the provisions of this warranty. Please ensure you obtain a comprehensive written warranty from your tradesman for all materials and workmanship completed and keep a copy of quotes, invoices, warranties and all correspondence.
All goods must be installed, serviced and/or operated by a qualified experienced tradesperson.
- Installations must comply with industry standards and normal practices including pre-installation inspection and checking and post-installation testing of all functions for failure. Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product.
- Electrical Installations must be undertaken by a licensed electrical worker and a Certificate of Compliance or Electrical Safety Certificate (including Registration / Practicing licence number) may be required.
Consequential loss, installation and costs are generally not covered by warranty
Appliance Warehouse will not meet the costs of tradesmen, services, penalties or any other losses/costs whatsoever caused by any event/failure including time-to-time lateness, errors and damaged parts.
- Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws/correct items/in-full before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product after that time.
Warranties are not transferable beyond the original purchaser.